Bilona Ghee is prepared using a 5000-year-old technique where butter is churned out of curd using a wooden beater called Bilona, just like the name suggests.
Before the rise of FMCG companies and corporate houses, the preparation of ghee was a regular activity at home, with its aroma lingering in each corner. Here at Pure Whites, we follow the same process.
Our Ghee Products are:
A2 Bilona Ghee
Using an Ayurvedic process of fermenting milk, we make curd from our pure A2 Desi Cow milk. Butter is extracted from this curd using the Bilona-procedure and subsequently heated over a cow dung cake chulha (stove) to create our A2 Bilona Ghee.
Buffalo Desi Ghee
Happy cows, healthy milk, and breath-taking butter! Just like our cows, our buffaloes are reared and freely grazed in green pastures, resulting in superior quality buffalo milk. We use this milk to make a thick and creamy Buffalo Desi Ghee.
Should Pure Whites A2 Bilona Cow Ghee be a part of your day-to-day life?
Ensures A Healthy Heart
It contains Vitamin K2 that prevents calcium deposits in arteries which otherwise lead to blockages and obstruct blood flow. Ghee is also rich in short- and medium-chain fatty acids (as opposed to long-chained) that are vital for a healthy heart. They lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels, maintaining a healthy balance.
Keeps You Active
A2 Ghee is rich in short-chain-fatty acids that burn stubborn fat in our body while regulating our metabolism rate and also gives the body good amount of energy, A2 Bilona Cow Ghee is recommended in Ayurveda for boosting fertility in men and women.
Ideal For Cooking
Ghee has a smooth, creamy texture with a rich, nutty flavor making it a versatile pantry staple that can replace butter, olive oil and coconut oil.
A2 Bilona Cow Ghee’s high burning point (250C or 482F) makes it the best oil for cooking. It does not break down into free radicals like other cooking oils and is more nutritious.
Highly Beneficial for Kids
Bilona Ghee has been shown to improve kids’ eyesight, memory power and immunity levels. Ghee helps kids build healthy bones and muscles, preventing malnutrition and fat-soluble vitamin deficit syndrome. It also encourages the development of brain and enhances memory in kids.
Did You Know?
Some Interesting Facts About A2 Bilona Cow Ghee.
- A2 Bilona Cow Ghee has saturated fat which melts at 37°C – same as our body temperature!
This helps it get completely absorbed by our body.
- It has amino acids making it more nutritious and easier to digest.
- Ghee is also well tolerated by lactose-intolerant people and those suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- It is a common topical treatment for burns and rashes as well as a great moisturizer and massage oil for the skin and scalp.
- Bilona Cow Ghee is a rich source of unadulterated anti-oxidants, a variety of micronutrients, superior quality protein and Vitamin A that help in building immunity.
- When it is added in several Ayurvedic medicines making it a key ingredient for boosting health and well-being.
- Desi Cow Ghee contains high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids and proline which are beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- It is also rich in A2 protein that helps build up High-Density Lipoproteins (HDLs) that combat cholesterol levels by extracting them out of our bloodstream.
- Mass production of ghee often leads to inferior quality and reduced assimilation.
- We follow the slow and elaborate ghee-making process.
- Our authentic and proven Bilona-assisted procedure allows the ghee to retain its true flavour.
- We work in collaboration with an efficient facility run by women in Kagasar, a small village in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Our well-qualified personnel test and supervise the process regularly.
Bhagirath, a farmer located in a small village 95 kms from Bikaner. The village is located in a deserted area with minimum vegetation and water supply. Bhagirath and the villagers have a great dependency for food and income on their desi cows (Raathi and Sahiwal). In times of draught it the holy cow’s milk that provides the family’s food and therefore the cow is highly regarded and loved in that region.